What’s the Best Vacuum You Can Buy for Under 100 Dollars?
Who doesn’t want a clean home? You have – or need – a good quality vacuum cleaner to keep your house spotless from dirt, dust, and other small particles. Gone are the days when a household’s vacuum looked like Optimus Prime. Models today are smaller, easier to maneuver, and with more features to make cleaning convenient and faster. They come cheaper, too.
BISSELL CleanView Plus Rewind Bagless Upright with OnePass Technology
Our favorite for 2020
Dirt Devil 360° Reach Pro Bagless Stick
Fantastic value for a bagless model
Eureka AS3008A Airspeed Exact Reach Bagless Upright
An incredible amount of cleaning power for your money
Inexpensive units are not necessarily inferior when it comes to performance. But all things being equal, you have to remember that not all entry-level machines are created equal even when their lower price points are the same. There are, in fact, several factors that any buyer of a new cleaner may want to consider when making a purchase decision such as:
- High level of suction power.
- Efficiency of filtration system.
- Affordability or price.
- Capacity to collect and hold dust, dirt, and other particles.
- Dimension to ensure easy storage.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Consistency of input power.
- Manufacturer’s warranty.
- Weight to ensure maneuverability is not difficult for hard to reach areas.
- Additional features.
- Inclusive accessories.
- Overall ease of usage.
You need a guide that takes you through what you should look for when shopping for a new vacuum. Expensive does not necessarily mean the best and that can hold true for cleaners, too. Continued design improvements and applications of new technologies in vacuums nowadays give you the opportunity to get value for your money. Let’s take a look at five of the best models available for just $100 or under.
Hoover WindTunnel UH70120 – This model, the simplest of all Hoover models, is user-friendly and comes with several attachments to clean different surfaces such as those of stairs, floors, and upholstery: a handheld tool removes pet hair, a dusting brush cleans upholstered furniture, and a crevice tool makes it possible to go through hard-to-reach spaces such as edges and baseboards.
You simply switch on this model, powered by its 12 AMP motor, by pushing its power button on the handle to start it. Its power cord – with a rewind switch that functions when the foot pedal is tapped — measures 27 feet and comes with an eight-foot hose for cleaning around furniture legs, wall corners, and other difficult to clean areas as mentioned.
Other features of the WindTunnel include:
- An indicator that informs the user when it is time to clean the filter.
- A HEPA filter that sifts through allergens to prevent allergies or asthma.
- Equipped with a bumper guard to ensure no damage to furniture, carpets or floor surfaces.
- With a fully adjustable height for the user’s convenience.
- A washable filter.
- The dirt canisters are released from the bottom for easy dumping of dirt, dust, etc.
- Compact, lightweight, and portable.
- Considered a complete package among other Hoover models.
- Power controls are positioned conveniently for the user.
- Easy storage – in the cabinet or under your bed — because of its retractable handle.
- A 12-inch extension wand is included with the purchase.
BISSELL CleanView Plus Rewind Bagless Upright with OnePass Technology – This model’s unique OnePass Technology is capable of picking up bigger amounts of dust, debris, and pet hair with the initial pass over these targeted areas, meaning you save not only on effort but time as well with your vacuuming. Its powerful suction captures even embedded small particles. Its power cord of 25 feet covers larger ground without changing outlets.
The cord automatically retracts inside the unit when you are done, saving on storage space. It comes with a set of tools to make vacuuming more convenient: the dusting brush works on surfaces above ground and upholstery, the crevice tool enables you to clean hard-to-reach areas, and the turbo brush speeds up the chore in a short time.
This model is economical since its foam filter is washable; replacement filters are optional and the Easy Empty Cup makes cleaning with this model a breeze. It can hold seven liters of dirt, debris, and other waste material and has a wide berth for a cleaning path of 13.5 inches. Its strong cyclonic system runs on a motor with 12 AMP to ensure powerful suction.
According to users who have reviewed this model the suction power is consistently available so long as the filters are clean. If you want to do basic but thorough house cleaning, ten this model will be perfectly suitable for your needs. This model doesn’t come with bells and whistles but like all products from Bissell, renowned for manufacturing affordable high performance cleaners, this does the job quite well.
Dirt Devil 360° Reach Pro Bagless Stick, SD12515B – This model can clean places where an upright model will be unable to. Its four-in-one feature can clean from the floor all the way to the ceiling in seconds using the 360° Reach Pro’s cyclonic technology. Extend cleaning reach and get the dirt and dust out from high or low places with the Crevice Tool. This machine’s set of tools makes it convenient for the user to:
- Clean stairs and upholstery with the six inch Powered Stair & Upholstery Tool.
- Vacuum ceiling fans’ blades with the Fan Tool.
- Pick up debris on hard surfaces with the Hard Floor Tool.
- Tackle vents and other difficult-to-reach areas with the Above Floor Tool.
This 3.2 pound model, with a three year manufacturer’s limited warranty, has a 27-foot long cord that doesn’t require you to change outlets as you clean from room to room. Moreover, this machine’s washable Swipes pad, made of microfiber, picks up even the heaviest dirt. This unit’s multidirectional Pivoting Extension Tool won’t miss crevices and nooks and crannies found in furniture’s legs, baseboards, and edges.
Its Bottom Empty Dirt Cup has been designed with MaxFill Technology that prevents dirt, small particles, and pet hair from clogging the washable filter; just dump the dirty stuff with a single touch of the button to release it. This bagless unit is raring to go as soon as the dirt cup is emptied, allowing you to reduce the number of bags that you use which end up in landfills and contribute to pollution.
Eureka Airspeed Unlimited Rewind Bagless Upright – This upright model may be lightweight but it packs a wallop when it comes to performance. What other model in its class has both a pre-motor, washable filter and a lifetime filter? You don’t even need batteries to run the Airspeed. This model’s name speaks for itself with great features to make cleaning convenient, efficient, and fast including:
- Off-and-on brushroll switch for cleaning area rugs and carpeted floors (this switch can be turned off to prevent scattering of debris when cleaning bare surfaces).
- Rubber wheels that don’t scratch or nick delicate hardwood floors.
- A 12-foot stretch hose as additional coverage for the total 39 foot-reach system.
- Automatic rewind of the retractable 27-foot cord.
- Comes in black or copper metallic color.
- For use on carpets, hardwood floors, rugs, and bare floor surfaces.
- Bagless (this saves on buying bags every so often).
- Dimensions are 43 inches (height) by 13 inches (width).
- Engineered with a direct floor-to-cup path to reduce dirt’s distance to travel.
- Multi-cyclonic system of its dust cup provides consistent and powerful suction.
- Inclusive of dusting brush, crevice tool, motorized turbo nozzle for stairs and upholstery.
- Pivoting Base smooth glides easily over all types of floors.
- Deep cleans upholstered furniture, stairs, rugs, and carpets.
- Reduces the amount of allergens and dust with its high efficiency allergen filter.
- Airspeed Technology is capable of moving more air and removing more dirt to yield complete and thorough cleaning.
- Comes with an operating manual.
- Tested to rigid industry standards.
- Powered by 12 AMP motor.
Eureka AS3008A Airspeed Exact Reach Bagless Upright – The Eureka AS3008A Airspeed Exact Reach Bagless Upright has a 38-foot total reach inclusive of its 11-foot stretch hose and its 27-foot long power cord. This model saves the user time and effort when it comes to unplugging, migrating, and reconnecting it while cleaning a single room. The Airspeed Technology ensures that there is no loss of suction power.
For a machine under $100, the AS3008A is a steal with numerous features to make cleaning convenient and fast. With a Smooth-Glide Pivoting Base and five settings for height adjustment, this model tackles dirt, dust, and small particles on bare floors and carpets with easy maneuverability. This model’s foot control is located at its base, unlike that of most of its competitors that have theirs as switches on the handles.
Its high grade and high efficiency allergen filter ensures that pet dander, cockroach waste, dust mites, and other potential allergens are collected in its big dust cup. Moreover, this filter is washable, meaning you save money on replacements. This model comes with several attachments such as the Stair & Upholstery Turbo Nozzle, Dusting Brush and the Crevice Tool to enhance the vacuuming process.
This model can even get sand from out of rugs and carpets, a feat which similarly-purposed brands in its class are unable to achieve. Equipped with a scratch-resistant furniture guard, this unit’s attachments are easy to clean (simply set its dial for suction control to “tools”). Additionally, this bagless model comes with a three year manufacturer’s warranty.
Buyers Guide – How to Choose from All the Good Vacuum Cleaners Under $100
Two of the most important factors when shopping for a new vacuum cleaner are price and the product’s capacity for suction. And while it isn’t always true that powerful suction in a model raises its price tag, most consumers consider price as the primary consideration on which they base their purchase decision. Here are some points that you may want to think about depending on your particular circumstances:
- An upright model that costs for a hundred dollars or less will be a basic model but you can always upgrade later when your budget allows it.
- You might be surprised to find out there are inexpensive models that have accessories, powerful suction, excellent filtration systems, and warranties.
- Bagless units are more economical and undergo much less decline in suction power when the dust cup or bin becomes full.
- Moreover, bagless machines have transparent covers that allow you to know just how much dirt and debris have been collected.
- A quiet cleaner is ideal but like most appliances don’t raise your hopes too high about not hearing any noise while the product is in operation.
Suction power is just as important because a higher level of it translates to more power. Manufacturers will usually indicate the wattage or AMPS of their products but this only means the amount of electricity will be consumed when you use them. A model’s suction power depends largely on its design and filtration system, among other factors, the reason you should go over the product’s specifications.