Our Guide to the Best Oil Less Fryers On the Market
If you love fried food but worry about the negative side effects of eating them, an air fryer is the cooking device you’ve been waiting for. Rather than using oil, which is what makes fried foods so unhealthy, these fryers use an air circulation system to fry foods with less than a tablespoon of oil.
Air Fryer by Cozyna
Our favorite for 2020
T-fal FZ7002 ActiFry Low-Fat Healthy AirFryer Dishwasher Safe Multi-Cooker
A very close runner-up
NutriChef Electric Air Fryer and Multi Cooker 1200 Watt
A great vakue unit from NutriChef
If you’ve never purchased an air fryer, you may not know what to look for when choosing a model. We’re going to review some of the best-rated models to help you find one that meets your needs. Here are some things to keep in mind when comparing fryers:
- Capacity: One of the most important considerations is the fryer’s capacity. How much food can the fryer cook at once? If you have a large family, you’ll need a fryer with a larger capacity. Some models can cook up to two pounds of food at once, which is suitable for most families.
- Oil Use: How much oil is needed to fry the foods? High quality air fryers only require a tablespoon or less of oil. If the model you’re considering calls for more than a tablespoon of oil, it may not be a true air fryer or the best quality model.
- Versatility: Many air fryers can do more than fry; they can also bake, roast, steam and even grill in some cases. The more functions the fryer can perform, the more versatile it will be. Having one tool for a variety of cooking functions is convenient, and will save space in your kitchen.
The Top Air Deep Fryer Reviews for 2020
Air Fryer by Cozyna – The Cozyna Air Fryer is a healthy multi-cooker that features a rapid air circulation system. Its smart design allows you to use 70% less oil than conventional fryers.
But this cooking device does more than just fry; it also: bakes, grills and roasts. With less than a tablespoon of oil, you can cook delicious burgers, fries, chicken, fish and so much more.
The 1500-watt fryer features a 3.2L capacity and a 30-minute timer. The temperature can be adjusted up to 392 degrees.
All parts of the fryer are dishwaser safe, which makes clean-up a breeze.
The Cozyna fryer comes with two exclusive cookbooks with dozens of mouth-watering recipes.
T-Fal FZ7002 ActiFry – From one of the most famous brands in the cooking industry, the T-Fal FZ7002 ActiFry offers a healthier way to fry food. This one simple cooker can fry up to 2.2 pounds of food with just one tablespoon of oil.
The fryer features a nonstick, ceramic-coated pan that’s PFOA- and PTFE-free, and the pan is removable for easy clean-up.
The ActiFry is easy to use, with a simple on/off switch and a digital countdown timer. And the fryer buzzes when the food is ready to let you know it’s time to eat.
A secure lid prevents splatters when cooking, and the exterior stays cool to prevent injuries. The ActiFry also has a filter for nearly odorless cooking.
Like the Cozyna model, this air fryer comes with a cookbook with 38 delicious recipes. All parts are dishwasher safe, so cleanup is easy.
NutriChef Electric Air Fryer – The NutriChef 1400-watt fryer is a multi-cooker that uses rapid air circulation to fry foods without oil. And cooking food is extremely easy: insert food, set the temperature and time, and enjoy a delicious meal.
The slide-out frying basket makes it easy to cook foods, and you can do more than just fry; it can also roast, broil, brill, bake and BBQ. A non-stick Teflon frying basket is included, which keeps foods from sticking while cooking.
The NutriChef uses oven-style vortex, air circulation convection for even cooking. A 30-minute timer is also built-in to ensure your foods are cooked properly every time.
Power Air 5.3 Quart Air Fryer – The Power Air fryer is a 5.3-quart cooker that uses 1700 watts of power and Turbo-Cyclonic power to fry foods with just a tablespoon or less of oil.
The easy-load basket features a non-stick coating, and the one-touch easy digital controls allow you to set just the right temperature and time for your food.
The Power Air fryer has seven preset programs with an automatic shut-off feature. The fryer heats up to 400 degrees, but remains cool to the touch on the exterior.
This fryer also comes with extra accessories, like a utility tong.
Offering digital controls and a smart design, the Power Air fryer is a great choice for busy families.
Philips Airfryer – The Philips Airfryer is the original air fryer, and requires 75% less oil than conventional fryers. Frying up a basket of crispy delicious fries takes less than a tablespoon of oil.
The starfish design of this fryer, which is endorsed by celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, delivers even results.
Along with frying, this cooker can also grill, roast, steam and bake to make it a versatile tool for the kitchen.
The fryer automatically shuts off when the food is ready. Just set the time and temperature, and wait for the food to be done.
Clean-up is a breeze thanks to the fryer’s dishwasher safe parts. A recipe book is also included with 150 recipes.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Air Fryer for You
Are air fryers good? That’s one of the first questions people ask before buying one. And the answer is simple: yes. While foods don’t taste exactly like conventionally-fried foods, they do have a crispy, airy texture that’s just as satisfying.
We’ve already discussed some important things to consider when choosing an air fryer and we’ve reviewed some of the top models on the market.
Here are some other things to keep in mind when choosing a fryer:
- Oven Design: How is the oven designed? All air fryers use air circulation to fry the foods, but what is the design of air system? Some models use a vortex system, while others use a starfish design, like the Philips Airfryer. Consider the type of air system used, and choose one that best fits your needs or preferences.
- Quality: The quality of the fryer is naturally important. The last thing you want it is to buy a model that stops working in just a few months. Consider the brand’s reputation and user reviews related to the fryer. Well-rated models from reputable brands are more likely to give you a positive experience.
- Clean-Up: Another important consideration is clean-up. Are the parts dishwasher safe, or do you have to clean all the parts by hand? If you have to clean the fryer by hand, you may find yourself never wanting to use it. Most models are dishwasher safe, and many come with non-stick pans or baskets that make clean-up even easier.
- Accessories and Recipes: Some air fryers come with extra accessories, like measuring cups, spoons or tongs. Some also come with recipes to help you cook delicious meals in your fryer. Consider any extras that may come with the fryer when choosing a model for your home.