Let Us Help You Find The Best Handheld Steamer On The Market
Garment steaming isn’t written into your calendar and checked off for just the right time. The truth is that when we need to steam our clothes the most, we’re often left with no options to pick from but to use an old, hotel iron.
But, you want to look great for your next business meeting, and you owe it to yourself to make a first impression that counts.
A handheld garment steamer allows you to ensure every garment you wear – from your shirt to your pants – are free of wrinkles. This is a great way to make a first impression. The only problem is that it’s difficult to compare handheld steamers when you have no idea what to look for.
We’ve listed five of the top steamers below, and when comparing models, we recommend considering:
- Runtime: The runtime and heat up time matter when time is of the essence. A long runtime allows for less refills of the water container, but with a smaller model, 10 minutes or so is more than enough to steam a shirt or pair of pants.
- Filtration: Traveling means you’ll be in areas where the water may be hard or filled with minerals that will clog up the steamer head. A filter allows the steamer to last longer by reducing the amount of calcification that occurs and blocks the steamer from doing its
- Safety: Small steamers have a tendency to get dangerously hot, and if their water levels run low, there is a risk of damaging the unit. Built-in safety measures preventing these two occurrences are highly recommended.
Reviews of the Best Travel Steamer
Mini Clothing Steamer
A small clothing steamer that will fit in any suitcase or travel on bag. This model is designed utilizing an electric pump system that eliminates spitting and protects the user’s hands and fabric from damage in the process.
In fact, you can place this steamer on any surface without causing damage.
A nano polymer filter is built into the Mini which allows users to use even tap water when steaming their clothes. The filter also boosts the lifespan of the steamer by ensuring that less calcification occurs.
The heat up time is just 25 seconds, and the tank lasts for 10 minutes before a refill is required.
URPOWER Garment Steamer
The URPOWER is designed with a state-of-the-art nozzle that works to distribute steam evenly over a garment. Efficient and travel-sized, this steamer is easy to store and comes with built-in safety protection.
An automatic shutoff will turn the unit off if it gets too hot or the water levels reach dangerous levels.
Designed for all fabric types, the manufacturer reaffirms that this steamer is safe for even your most delicate fabrics. There is a 130ML tank that has a continuous runtime of 7 – 10 minutes with a 2 minute heat up time.
An on/off switch and ergonomic grip make using the URPOWER fast and easy.
Conair is a leader in the garment steamer industry, and this dual heat technology steamer allows for concentrated streams of heat that provide 30% hotter steam for an easier steam cleaning.
This unit is rated to releases wrinkles five times faster than the competition, and the steam is so hot it kills mites and bed bugs, too.
The dual system uses 1110 watts of power and heats up in 75 seconds. Maximum steam time is a mere 15 minutes, and all you need to do is slide the switch to go from low to high heat. There are three removable attachments include: soft cushion brush, creaser and fabric brush.
A 9-foot power cord is also provided to allow for long-range steaming.
NOSIVA Garment Steamer
A 100 ML, portable handheld steamer, this NOSIVA heats up in a mere 20 seconds and comes with a lint remover and fabric brush, too. The dual heat system features 1000 watts of power, and maximum steam time is 8 minutes – long enough to steam small and large garments.
An auto off safety feature will shut the unit’s power off if it gets too hot or is too low on water to operate safely.
Spit- and drip-free, this model allows for professional results – minus the long hours spent to achieve them. The steamer’s water container is sealed to ensure no water drips out during usage. With a weight of less than 2 pounds, this is an exceptional garment cleaner for travel.
Rowenta DR8080 X-Cel
The Rowenta DR8080 is a handheld steamer that comes with an extra large metal steam head featuring a patented micro style for multiple hole steam distribution. Ready to steam in a mere 45 seconds, this model obliterates wrinkles.
The 1500 watts of power and optimized style allow this handheld steamer to operate for 10 minutes before needing to refill the removable water tank.
Accessories included with your purchase include a steam bonnet, brush and lint pad. Featuring a chair hanger and a robust base, this model is easy to store and is light enough to transport with you on-the-go.
Constant and burst steam options are available for refined streaming of all fabric types.
Buyer’s Guide – How To Choose The Right Hand Held Steamer For You
You’ve seen the best hand held steamers that money can buy, and now you want them all. I’ve had the same issue in the past, but I have found that every person has their own preferences and needs when making a purchase.
I may prefer one model while you love the ease of use another steamer has to offer.
But, I have found that there are a few things that will help make the purchasing decision less tedious:
- Size: How big is too big and how small is too small? If you plan on traveling with a handheld steamer, you need to make sure that it’s able to fit inside of your suitcase or carry-on bag. The size will also have a direct impact on how much water a unit holds and how long it will run.
- Fabric Delicacy: The type of clothes that you wear may require a delicate touch when steaming. This is something to consider when making a purchase. Look for information on what types of fabrics that a steamer can work on without causing burns or damage along the way.
- Attachments: If you want to look your best, you need the best tools and attachments by your side. Several models on the list above come with must-have attachments, such as a lint brush that can help turn around your look immediately. If you’re a businessman that travels often, consider the attachments that are offered.
The right handheld steamer also provides longevity, so don’t be afraid to read reviews and see what others are saying about a particular model and brand.