What’s The Best Slow Juicer You Can Buy After 2015
Only the best cold press juicer will be able to keep all of the produce’s nutrients intact when you’re juicing. In a world where everyone wants things to be faster, juicing is the exception to the rule – slower really is better.
Hurom HU-100 Masticating Slow Juicer
Our favorite for 2020
Hurom Fresh Press Juicer Single Auger Masticating Juicer
A very close runner-up
Hurom Elite Slow Juicer Model HH-SBB11 Noble Silver with Cookbook
A juicer with advanced masticating technology
Faster juicing equates to higher heat, which causes much of the vitamins and enzymes from your fruits and veggies to be lost. You may be drinking the juice, but you’re only getting a small portion of the nutrients that you would otherwise get from a cold-pressed juice.
And why take half measures with your health?
It doesn’t make sense to leave all of those vitamins, nutrients and enzymes behind when you don’t have to – it’s wasteful.
Hurom’s slow juicers aim to change all of that. And using the company’s patented slow squeezing technology, heat levels are kept low, more fruit extraction occurs, and the taste is even better.
The problem is that all of these models are so similar, it’s hard to choose between them. A few points to compare are:
- Materials: Most, but not all, models by Hurom feature Ultem plastic, which is 8 times harder and provides more overall durability. These are the models that you want if you’ll be juicing every day.
- RPM: A general rule of thumb is that a lower RPM is better. When there are fewer revolutions per minute, the heat production is lower and allows for more vitamin preservation.
- Reviews: Take a long, hard look at reviews. Since there aren’t many differences between models, reviews will give you an inside look into the quality of the model you’re interested in buying.
Reviews of the Best Hurom Juicers
Hurom HU-100 Masticating Slow Juicer, White – The HU-100 is a cold press model that is able to extract 35% more juice than a traditional, high-speed model. Drier pulp and more juice allow you to enjoy more vibrant flavors and higher-nutrient juice.
Slow squeezing technology keeps nutrients intact while wheatgrass, nuts and even soy can be made into juice form.
Juices, sauces, milks and marinades can be made with the HU-100. Practically silent, this model uses just 150 watts of energy and is backed by a 10-year warranty. BPA-free, you never have to worry about harmful BPA from plastics getting into your juice again.
With a white exterior, this is a great personal juicer.
Hurom HU-100 Masticating Slow Juicer, Silver – The Silver iteration of the HU-100 offers an identical design but in silver with black accents. This model uses slow squeezing technology to extract 35% more juice from produce while keeping heat levels low so that enzymes and vitamins are kept intact.
A strainer and auger features Ultem materials, which are 8 times stronger than comparable plastics.
Hurom provides a 10-year warranty on the motor of this juicer, too. Delicious, healthy juice can be extracted from even the most delicate of produce, from wheatgrass and kale to bananas and berries. This allows for a variety of juice combinations.
Weighing just 12 pounds, this is the ideal juicer for smaller spaces.
Hurom Fresh Press Juicer Single Auger – The Hurom Fresh Press offers the same slow squeezing technology as our previous picks, and this model comes in an all-white design, too. Operating at just 80 rpm, this masticating juicer keeps nutrient degradation to a minimum while extracting the most juice possible.
The feeder tube on this model is smaller, so you will need to cut fruits and vegetables to an appropriate size to feed them through the tube properly.
Powerful and well-made, this model yields a lot of juice and is a breeze to cleanup. The screen is the main difference between this model and the HU-100, which offers an 8 times harder screen that cannot fit into this juicer.
This juicer is a budget-friendly model that is perfect for first-time juicers.
Hurom Premium Masticating Slow Juicer and Smoothie Maker – Part of the Hurom HH series, the premium uses the same gentle and slow squeezing technology that has the ability to process nuts and delicate fruits, too. This model also has a new pulp control lever and cap, which allows users to control the amount of pulp in their drink.
An amazing feature, the pulp control allows you to make smoothies and blended beverages, too, which is a nice addition for anyone that loves to make cold smoothies.
Frozen drinks, purees and mixed drinks can be made with the premium. You can also juice delicate fruits, such as avocados and bananas, and vegetables, like kale and even wheatgrass.
If you like smoothies or want control over your pulp, this is the right model for you.
Hurom Elite Model HH-SBB11 – The HH-SBB11 might be the best model on this list in terms of performance, but this model’s higher price point knocks it down a few spots. Not that this model isn’t worth the money – it is.
Taking cold press technology even further, this model offers 35% more juice extraction and delivers even fewer RPMs than the competition at just 43.
An advanced self-cleaning feature is available, too, to reduce cleanup time dramatically. This model can juice delicate fruits and vegetables as well as nuts to make butters. Weighing just 13.6 pounds, this model is lightweight and can be used for 30 continuous minutes.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Hurom Juicer for You
There are a number of different Hurom models to choose from, and you probably have more questions than answers at this point. Hurom models benefit from using the same extraction technology across most models, so they all pretty much offer 35% more extraction over the competition.
And this is a good thing.
They also use the slow squeezing technology, which keeps nutrients intact and heat to a minimum.
It can be very difficult to pick one model over another when their basic functionality is the same. But there are a few differences that will allow you to pick the right model for you:
- Price: You must consider the price. There are models ranging from budget to premium on our list, and that is a pretty dramatic price difference for most shoppers. Make a budget and stick to it.
- Type: All of the models listed use the same slow juicing technology – a good thing – so you won’t be worrying about “type” as much here. But you will want to keep a close eye on RPM. The HH-SBB11 is an exceptional model that has a high price point, but at just 43 RPM, this model produces barely any heat to ensure nutrient-filled juice.
- Cleanup: For the most part, Hurom does a good job at making cleanup a breeze. But some models do offer an automatic cleaning cycle, which will help make cleanup even easier.
- Juicing + Smoothies: Maybe you want a smoothie or a cold, pulp-filled drink. Not all models allow for pulp control, but some do. If you like smoothies or thicker drinks, look for a model that offers pulp control.