Let Us Help You Find the Best Steam Mop Under 100 Dollars On The Market
A steam cleaner can help keep your carpets looking like new. In fact, experts recommend doing a deep steam cleaning once every six months to remove deep-down dirt and stains from your carpeting.
Bissell 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop Hard Floor Steam Cleaner
Our favorite for 2020
BISSELL PowerLifter PowerBrush Upright Deep Cleaner
A very close runner-up
Wagner 915 (0282014) 1
Great stuff rom Wagner
While you can hire a professional to clean your carpets, having your own steam cleaner will save you money. Did you know that professional steam cleanings can cost up to $75 per room? Why spend hundreds of dollars per cleaning when you can buy a high quality cleaner for less than $100?
We’re going to help you find the right steam cleaner for your needs by sharing some of the top models on the market today. Here are some things to keep in mind when comparing cleaners:
- Carpet or Hard Flooring: Some steam cleaners are designed for use with hard flooring, while others are designed for use on carpeting. Hard floor cleaners are usually called steam mops and typically have a slimmer design. Make sure you choose the appropriate cleaner for your home.
- Type of Cleaner: Is the cleaner a upright model or canister? Does it require the use of chemical cleaners, or steam only? Decide which type of cleaner is the right choice for you. If you’d rather avoid harsh chemicals when cleaning your home, opt for a model that only uses steam to clean and sanitize your floors.
- Power and Control: How powerful is the steam cleaner? Do you have the option to adjust the power and the speed of the roll brushes? Models that offer more control are typically the best option, as you can use more power and solution for heavier stains and less solution for smaller, lighter stains.
Top Carpet Cleaners Reviews for 2020
Bissell 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop – The Bissell 1940 PowerFresh steam mop is one of the top-rated steam mops on the market – period. But this model is a little bit different than most steam cleaners. While you can use it on carpeting, it’s designed to clean hard flooring.
The PowerFresh mop gets the job done in no time, and uses the power of steam to make your floors look like new again.
This mop kills 99.9% of bacteria and germs, and the built-in scrubber cleans tough messes – even grout.
Variable digital steam control lets you customize your steam cleaning experience.
The best part about using this steam mop is that you never need chemicals to clean your floors – just water.
If you need a steam cleaner for hard flooring, the Bissell 1940 PowerFresh is the best-of-the-best.
Bissell PowerLifter PowerBrush – For carpeting, the Bissell PowerLifter is one of the best steam cleaners under $100. This full-size cleaner features four rows of dual rotating brushes to get down deep into carpet fibers for a thorough cleaning.
The rotating brush lifts and scrubs away dirt and stains that ordinary vacuums can’t reach.
The 2-in-1 water tank is easy to refill and empty, so you can continue your cleaning session with minimal interruptions.
The PowerLifter also features a removable nozzle and a built-in measuring cup for easy use. Along with the cleaner itself, you’ll also receive a trial-size version of Bissell’s carpet cleaning formula.
Wagner 915 – If you’re looking for a portable, easy-to-use steam cleaner, the Wagner 915 is a great choice. But don’t let its small size fool you – this compact model can tackle tough jobs without breaking a sweat.
The 915 uses steam to clean flooring and remove wallpaper. The on-demand fingertip steam control allows for either intermittent or continuous steam. The eight-foot steam hose allows you to clean a large area with ease and without breaking your back. Wagner even includes two extension tubes for reaching long distances.
A wallpaper plate is included for 20% faster wallpaper removal without chemicals. The steam-cleaning action also sanitizes surfaces and kills bacteria both outside and inside the house.
Hoover Carpet Cleaner SteamVac – The SteamVac is still one of the best-rated steam cleaners on the market today, and one of Hoover’s best-selling models. Designed to tackle even the toughest of stains, this carpet cleaner is user-friendly and allows you to clean a variety of surfaces.
Clean Surge lets you apply extra cleaner at the touch of a button, while the SpinScrub technology allows for 360-degree cleaning that loosens dirt.
Hoover also offers three-speed brush control for low, normal or high cleaning power.
The SteamVac has two convenient tanks, which keep dirty and clean water separate. The hose attachment also allows you to easily clean upholstery and stairs.
If you’re looking for a steam cleaner that lets you clean all soft surfaces in your home, the SteamVac from Hoover is a great choice.
Homegear X100 Portable Steam Cleaner – The X100 from Homegear is a portable and professioanl steam cleaner that offers nearly 40 minutes of steaming on one tank.
The 59″ hose allows for greater reach, while the 0.26-gallon tank capacity makes it easy to clean for an extended period of time. The solution tank features a maximum capacity of 0.26 gallons as well.
The X100 has a maximum temperature of 284 degrees Fahrenheit, and offers steam pressure of 3-3.5 bar.
Along with the cleaner itself, Homegear also includes a 14-piece accessories kit as well as a cotton cleaning pad and a microfiber chenille cleaning pad.
The accessory kit includes: window attachment, funnel, accessory adaptor, measuring jug, big nylon brush, jet nozzle attachment, cotton cover, 2-in-1 attachment, large cleaning cloth, floor nozzle, two extension tubes, steam gun and connection cable.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Steam Cleaner Under 100 Dollars for You
A steam cleaner is a great investment if you have carpeting in your home. Even if you only have hard flooring, a good steam mop will keep your floors looking like new.
Earlier, we talked about some important things to consider, like cleaner type, control and power. Here are some other important things to keep in mind when choosing a model:
- Tank Size: The size of the tank is important, particularly if you plan on cleaning a large area. Cleaners with small tanks will need to be emptied and refilled often, which means it will take longer to get the job done. Also, consider whether the cleaner has a 2-in-1 tank or separate tanks. Separate tanks are the better option overall because you can clean more on one tank.
- Attachments and Accessories: What type of attachments and accessories does the cleaner offer? Upright cleaners often come with a hose attachment that allows you to clean upholstery and stairs with ease. Canister models often come with accessories that allow you to clean a variety of surfaces. The Homegear cleaner, for example, allows you to clean windows with a special attachment. The Wagner cleaner comes with a plate that allows you to remove wallpaper. Choose a model that comes with all the accessories and attachments you need.
- Price: Finally, consider the cost of the cleaner. You already know that your budget is under $100, but there are many different models to choose from in this price range. Rather than choosing the cheapest model you can find, opt for the best quality cleaner that offers the features you need.