Want The Best Chair Mat For Your Home? We Can Help!
A desk chair mat makes it easier to move your office chair aroud the room without damaging your floors or skidding. Over time, chairs can damage carpet and hard floors, and hard surfaces make it difficult to stop rolling.
Office Marshal Eco Office Chair Mat for Hard Floor Protection – 30″ x 48″
Our favorite for 2020
AmazonBasics Carpet Chair Mat – 47in x 35in
A very close runner-up
Office Marshal® Eco Office Chair Mat – 36″ x 48″
A very solid choice
Everyone can benefit from using a chair mat, but finding a good one is no easy task. There are several things to consider when choosing a mat, but when comparing models, keep the following things in mind:
- Size: The size of the mat is important. Larger mats give you more space to roll around the office, but a smaller mat may be required if you have a smaller office space. Measure the size of the flooring around your chair to find a good fit for your space.
- Material: What material is used to make the mat? Polycarbonate is a good choice if you want an eco-friendly, odorless mat. Most modern mats are made with polycarbonate for this reason. Opt for materials that are BPA and phthalate free.
- Design and Shape: What shape is the mat? Most mats are rectangular, but some also have a lip at the top to better fit under desks. Decide on a good shape for your mat, and choose a model that fits your needs. Also, consider whether this mat is better for hard flooring or carpeting.
We know that it can be challenge to find the right chair mat for your office. We’re going to help you find the ideal model by sharing some of the top models on the market today.
The Best Chair Mat for Carpet Reviews
Office Marshal Eco Office Chair Mat 30″ x 48″ – Office Marshal’s 30″ x 48″ eco office chair mat is large enough to give you enough space to roll around, but doesn’t contains phthalates, BPA or odor-causing compounds. The great thing about this mat is that It’s eco-friendly, and it’s a healthier option for you, the user.
The mat is made out of long-life polypropylene and features a non-slip surface, which makes it ideal for use on hardwood floors. The coated underside keeps the mat in place even on slick surfaces.
The top surface of the mat allows you to roll your chair effortlessly, but still offers enough of a grip to keep your chair from skidding.
If you’re looking for a healthier, more environmentally-friendly mat, Marshal Office’s 30″ x 48″ mat is a great choice.
AmazonBasics Carpet Chair Mat 47″ x 35″ – The AmazonBasics 47″ x 35″ chair mat is simple in design, but features a rugged construction with phthalate-free PVC. The mat itself is transparent, which makes it nearly invisible when placed on carpeting.
The mat protects your floor from wear and tear, and the gripper back is ideal for use on carpet up to 1/4″ thick.
Ramped edges allow for easy rolling on and off, and makes the mat easy to move and clean. Plus, the rectangular shape with extended lip makes it very easy to place this mat underneath a desk.
Durable and easy to maintain, this mat is a great option for home offices.
Office Marshal Echo Office Chair Mat 36″ x 48″ – Another great mat from Office Marshal, this 36″ x 48″ eco mat is a bit smaller than the other mat we discussed from this brand. But this model is also free of phthalate, BPA, PVC, toxins and odors.
This eco-friendly mat is made from polypropylene, which makes it flexible and easy to maintain. The mat also features a gripped underside that keeps the mat in place even when on hard surfaces. You can use this mat on low and medium pile carpeting with ease.
The top textured surface makes it easy to roll your chair without skidding all over the place.
Odorless and easy to care for, this mat is deal for both home and commercial offices.
Floortex Ultimat Polycarbonate Mat 47″ x 35″ – Floortex’s polycarbonate mat features a generous 47″ x 35″ surface, and offers a rectangular design with a lip (similar to the AmazonBasics mat).
A gripper back keeps the mat in place, and will work well on low to medium pile carpeting. The clear surface preserves and protects carpeting to keep it looking like new. Made from polycarbonate, this mat is highly durable and flexible. It will not curl, smell or discolor over time.
Floortex’s mat is TUV and GREENGUARD certified, as it’s 100% recyclable and made using 30% renewable energy.
If you’re looking for an environmentally-friendly chair mat, the Floortex Ultimate is a great choice.
Office Marshal Black Polycarbonate Mat 36″ x 48″ – Office Marshal offers a black polycarbonate mat with a generous size of 36″ x 48.” Made with 100% polycarbonate, this mat is free from BPA, phthalate, PVC, harmful toxins and odors.
Great for use on low to medium pile carpeting (15 mm maximum thickness), this mat will protect your flooring for years. And the ergonomic design allows for effortless movement near the desk.
With standard use, this mat won’t crack, break, curl, scratch or discolor. Sound-absorbent, dirt-resistant and 100% recyclable, this mat is great for use in all offices. And if you’re looking for a black mat, this model is a great option.
Buyer’s Guide – How To Choose The Right Mat For A Desk Chair
Size, material and design are three important things to consider when comparing chair mats, but these aren’t the only things to consider when buying a mat. In addition to the points we talked about earlier, here are some other things to keep in mind when choosing a mat for your desk chair:
- Grip: What type of grip does the mat offer? The underside should offer just enough of a grip to keep the mat in place whether on hard or soft surfaces. Check to make sure that the mat can be used on the type of carpeting in your home (if applicable). Also consider the surface material. The top surface should be smooth enough to allow for easy movement, but not so smooth that you’re sliding all over the place. Take a careful look at the grip and design of the mat when weighing your options.
- Color: Most modern chair mats are clear, so they’re nearly invisible when laid under a desk. But you’ll also find colored mats, like the Marshal Office black polycarbonate mat. Decide whether you want a clear or colored mat.
- Edges: Are the edges flat or ridged to allow for easy rolling off and removal of the mat? Flat-edged mats can be difficult to slide on and off in between cleanings, so keep this in mind. With these mats, the wheels often get stuck on the edges.
- Cost: Chair mats are affordable, but you’ll still need to set a budget. Determine how much you want to spend, and find a quality mat that’s in your price range.