Check Out Our Airfryer Comparison Before You Buy!
The Maillard effect allows air frying to be possible. Circulation allows for the high heat to be spread across the food to provide a crispy, delicious crust with less oil required. You’ll enjoy the same crunch and taste, but it will be much healthier for you.
T-fal FZ7002 ActiFry Low-Fat Healthy AirFryer Dishwasher Safe Multi-Cooker
Our favorite for 2020
Air Fryer by Cozyna
A very close runner-up
SimpleTaste 1500W Multi-function Electric Air Fryer with Rapid Air Circulation Technology
A great unit
We’ve reduced the top 10 air fryers on the market down to just a handful of the best-performing models.
Each model is able to produce a delicious, fried texture with a crispy to-die-for taste. But choosing a model can be difficult because they’re virtually all well-made. A few of the recommendations we have when comparing models is to consider:
- Cleanup: Heat circulation allows for oil to get all over the inside of the unit. You’ll want to make sure that the unit has at least some dishwasher-safe parts to ensure that cleanup isn’t a catastrophe.
- Temperature Adjustments: Proper temperature adjustments make it easier and safer to cook foods. A unit that offers manual and preset options is a great choice for new cooks, but any unit with adjustable temperatures is a definite must-have.
- Timer or Presets: A timer is rather standard, and you’ll find that it’s very helpful when trying not to burn your food. Air fryers also come with presets in some cases, and this is a good option for the inexperienced cook. These presets make it simple to cook up food with a set-and-forget option.
We’re going to provide you with a basic overview of the top models on the market to help make sure that you know every last tidbit about a fryer before buying one.
Reviews the Best Airfryer
T-fal FZ7002 ActiFry Low-Fat Healthy AirFryer – T-fal offers a 2.2-pound airfryer that comes in all black and is able to cook up your favorite fried foods with just one tablespoon or less of oil. Low-fat and far healthier than traditional frying, you’ll be able to eat those delicious golden french fries or fried chicken with less guilt.
A digital timer alerts users when their food is done frying.
The ceramic non-stick pan is PFOA- and PTFE-free. Featuring a secure lid, splatters are never a problem with the ActiFry. The exterior stays cool during operation, and the lid seals in the flavor to allow for odorless cooking.
Dishwasher safe parts make this unit fast and easy to clean.
Air Fryer by Cozyna – The Air Fryer by Cozyna uses 70% less oil than a traditional fryer and allows for the healthiest way to fry foods. When you use this model, you’ll find that it’s not only able to fry foods; it also offers: bake, grill and roast options.
Chicken, burgers, fries, potatoes and more can be cooked with less than a tablespoon of oil.
Two cookbooks are included with over 50 recipes to help you cook up delicious, fried foods. Dishwasher safe parts are included, and the temperature is adjustable up to 392 degrees. You can also set a timer for up to 30 minutes. The capacity is 3.2L.
SimpleTaste 1500W Multi-function Electric Air Fryer – SimpleTaste’s air fryer offers rapid circulation technology to allow for faster cooking. This model comes with 8 preset options to help you cook everything from fish to steak and shrimp. You can even cook cake in this multi-function fryer.
Little-to-no oil is required, depending on the food you’re cooking.
Automatic and adjustable temperature options are available. You can adjust temperature settings between 176F and 392F. Healthier, smoke-free food is cooked in this air fryer. The 3.2 quart capacity allows food for the entire family to be cooked in the fryer.
The digital display and 30-minute timer make this an easy way to cook like a professional chef – minus the training.
Philips AirFryer, the Original Airfryer – Philips offers the Original Airfryer, and this model comes in a black or white exterior. When choosing this model, you’ll use up to 75% less fat when cooking for healthier foods.
Endorsed by the famous Gordon Ramsay, this model includes a cookbook with 150 recipes and can cook up anything from fries to a delightful chicken salad. Analog controls are present, and the capacity is 1.75 pounds of food.
A 30-minute timer helps cooks ensure that they never overcook their food in the AirFryer. The starfish design is present to help circulate heat evenly along the exterior of the food. There are temperature controls which are manually set to help you cook a variety of foods.
Avalon Bay AB-Airfryer100R – Avalon Bay’s 100R airfryer is offered in three color options and comes with a few extras, including a nonstick baking dish and a layer rack. A cookbook is also included to help you fry foods to mere perfection.
There’s a 30 minute timer right below the unit’s temperature control, which allows for settings between 180F and 400F.
Grease drips through a basket on the bottom, too. The 100R allows for a healthier way to eat, and even heating is promoted further thanks to the middle pan design. This is a great air fryer for the infrequent or first-time user who doesn’t plan to fry their foods daily.
Buyer’s Guide – How To Choose The Right Air Fryer For You
All of these air fryers look great. Right? They sure do, but that makes it very difficult to find the right model for you. When people ask which model they should choose, I often tell them: it depends.
Everyone’s needs are slightly different, and if you plan to only cook for 1 or 2 people, a small, inexpensive model will do the trick.
The hardest part is when you have to cook for multiple people because you need to make sure that the unit can meet your needs. No one wants to cook several meals and not eat with their family because their fryer is too small.
You want a practical unit, and this means considering:
- Size/Capacity: The size or capacity of a unit is very important. If the unit is too small, it will collect dust in the corner of your countertop. Choose a larger capacity 3.2L or larger if you have a family of 4+ people – it will give you ample space to cook.
- Extras: If you don’t know how to cook, pick a model that comes with its own cookbook. This is just an extra that is an added bonus and will allow you to really start cooking right away. Anything, such as a rack or baking dish, that is added into the price is nice, too.
- Warranty: We didn’t mention warranties in our reviews, but this is something to consider when buying cheaper models. A cheaper model is often more prone to breakage, so a warranty is a form of insurance on your investment.
If you keep these points in mind, you’ll be better able to pick an air fryer that’s just right for you.