Let Us Help You Find the Best Fabric Steamer for Suits
You rely on your suits for business meetings, work and to look great when going to a fancy restaurant. But, proper suit care isn’t something they teach you in school growing up. You need to learn how to care for a suit all on your own.
PurSteam Dual-Pro Iron & Pressurized Garment Steamer with – Professional Heavy Duty 1600 Watt Power with 1 Liter Water Tank
Our favorite for 2020
PureSteam XL – High-Powered Standing Fabric Steamer with Garment Hanger and Fabric Brush
A very close runner-up
Aicok Mini Travel Garment Steamer
A great on the go option
Steaming your suit is a great first step to care for a suit, and it will also allow you to remove wrinkles from your dress shirt and pants.
We’ve had the pleasure of listing a few of the best garment steamers for suits below, and we wanted to give you a few hints on how to compare models.
- Steam Time: A suit has a lot of parts: dress shirt, tie, pants and jacket. All these pieces will take quite a while to steam properly. Handheld models may provide too little steam time causing you to have to refill the water tank often. If you wear suits oftren, a high runtime is ideal.
- All-in-one Design: An all-in-one design is optional, but this is a great addition to any garment steamer. With the help of an all-in-one design, you’ll have a steamer that doubles as an ironing board, hanger and so much more. This saves space and requires you to buy less accessories in the process.
- Steam Options: The steam is what gets rid of wrinkles and makes a suit looks professional. Steam settings that allow a user to switch between burst and continuous steam dispersion are the best option when you want a versatile steamer that can be used on a variety of fabrics and garments.
Reviews – The Best Steamer for Suits in 2020
PurSteam Dual-Pro – The PurSteam Dual-Pro is an all-in-one system that comes with a pressurized garment steamer, ironing board, garment hanger and a hands-free foot pedal.
The built-in hanger allows you to hang your suits while you steam, and the convenient ironing board makes it easy to iron other clothing.
The Dual-Pro is the most powerful steamer on the market and comes with a built-in 1-liter water tank for continuous steaming for up to 30 minutes. The one-touch system makes it easy to start steaming your clothes.
If you steam suits often, this all-in-one system is a great option. The built-in ironing board and hanger are such a nice added convenience.
PureSteam XL – The PureSteam XL is another powerful steamer, but this model is a better option for people who are always on the go. This stand-up steamer features a garment hanger and comes with a fabric brush for added convenience.
The 1500-watt steamer heats up in just 45 seconds, so you can steam your suit and be on your way. And the 1/2-gallon tank, which allows for an hour of continuous steaming, is easily removable for mess-free refills.
The garment hanger comes with clips to keep your suits in place as you steam. Backed by a two-year warranty, you can be sure that this steamer will provide you with plenty of use.
Aicok Mini Travel Steamer – The Aicok mini steamer is great for people who travel often. This handheld, portable fabric steamer offers a dual-steam setting, travel pouch, glove and fabric brush.
Low-steam and high-steam settings allow you to safely work with most fabrics, including cotton, polyester, wool, linen, silk and chiffon.
The Aicok heats up fast – in about 35 seconds. And the 80 ml water tank provides five minutes of continuous use before needing to be refilled. The eight-foot power cord gives you plenty of space to work on your suits.
If you travel for business often, the Aicok mini travel steamer is the ideal choice for you.
Yomband Clothing Steamer – The Yomband is another handheld steamer that heats up fast and packs plenty of power. The advanced nozzle design delivers a powerful and even burst of steam to quickly and efficiently remove wrinkles from your suits.
A quick heat-up time of just two minutes will have you up and running and out the door in no time. And the easy-fill water tank provides 8-10 minutes of continuous use before needing to be refilled.
The Yomband is built with ABS fireproof material and features an automatic shut-off feature for added safety.
From cotton to wool, satin and nylon, this steamer works well with just about any fabric.
PureSteam Duo – The PureSteam Duo is one of the most advanced steamers for suits, and it’s similar to the Dual model above. This model also features a built-in ironing board and hangars for easy steaming on the go.
Boasting 1600 watts of power, this steamer can blast away wrinkles in seconds. And the 1-liter water tank allows for 30 minutes of continuous use. A one-touch steam button makes it easy to get started, while the safety cap prevents accidental burns.
When you’re not steaming your suits, you can use the ironing board to remove wrinkles from shirts, pants and other clothing items.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Garment Steamer for Your Suits
We’ve provided you with what we believe are the best garment steamers for suits. But, you’re now at a crossroads unsure of which steamer will be best suited for your needs. We’ve all been down this road before, and it’s a good thing – it shows you care about your investment.
And, we’ve listed a few of the most important things to consider before making your purchase.
A few of the considerations are:
- Size: The size of the garment cleaner will dictate whether it can be used on-the-go, or if you’ll need a steamer for home and a steamer for travel. Pay attention to the size options and weigh your options before making a final decision. Smaller sizes are great for carry, but they also lack the large capacity needed for a long runtime.
- Budget: How much are you willing to spend to get rid of wrinkles? You can sit there with a squirt bottle all day long, but your suit will never look as good as a steamed suit. Budget appropriately and pick a model that comes backed with a warranty and rave reviews.
- Reviews: Someone else has likely purchased the same steamer you’re looking at before. The good news is that people are so anxious to post reviews when something goes wrong with a product, and this provides insight into the quality and durability of the steamer. Search for middle ground reviews (I.e. 3 star reviews) to get a clearer picture of the quality issues and problems a steamer may have.
We’re confident that if you follow these few pointers, you’ll have a much easier time finding a steamer for your suit.